Monday, August 29, 2011

nametag [tuan vo]


when I first sat down with tuan, he told me he would like his nametag to be simple and abstract, and that he wanted the colors to be blue, white, and green.  his desk is in line with the window so I decided I would make his nametag stick to the window in some way.  I was originally going to do his name in clean, plain lettering but then I played around with the lengths of some of the letters and how that worked with the proportion and balance of the composition as a whole.  I chose to fade from dark blue, to white, then to dark green as you read his name from left to right.
the N is where the two colors meet at white, and the T and O are the two darkest letters.  the lengths of the lines in the letters put more emphasis on some of them but I think they balance each other out.


first draft: