concept: pine tree
when I first thought about a pine tree, I thought about the pine needles and its color. I then thought about how it has a tall trunk, and then the branches spread out in a triangle shape. the tree also has symmetry and would be nearly identical if you were to split it in half. in terms of proportion and balance, the expansion of branches at the top of the tree mimic the growth of the roots underground. there is a rhythm to the pine needles, and also the pine cones that grow on the pine tree. the bark is coarse and tough, while the pine needles are pointy but smooth. the way the light shines through these needles creates a very interesting effect that I am hoping to portray in my perspective drawings. but what I mainly want to focus on is the expansion of the tree both upwards and downwards.
citation:
http://www.delange.org/PineAfghan/PineAfghan.htm
http://www.danheller.com/images/California/KingsCanyon/Misc/Slideshow/img7.html

